- Jerry Lee Lewis, 20 – piano prodigy, rock n roll’s legendary Last Man Standing
- Carl Perkins, 26 – guitar player, the first poet of rock n roll
- Johnny Cash, 26 – guitar player, a giant of American music at the dawn of his epic career
- Elvis Presley, 21 – guitar player, the first and still undisputed king of rock n roll
How to request an audition:
To request an audition spot please email jspencer@villagetheatre.
- Union Status
- Phone Number
- Requested Audition Time
- Headshot & Resume
- A video link demonstrating your proficiency on guitar or piano in the style of the show – feel free to use a Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash or Elvis Presley song. This MUST be a link – if you send an attachment this will not be accepted!
What to prepare for the audition:
Please prepare the following songs for the role that interests you, you will be asked to accompany yourself.
- Elvis Presley: That’s Alright Mama & Peace in The Valley
- Carl Perkins: Matchbox & Blue Suede Shoes
- Johnny Cash: Folsom Prison Blues & I Walk The Line
- Jerry Lee Lewis: Great Balls of Fire & Whole Lotta Shakin’
Rehearsal & Performance Dates
First Rehearsal: April 16, 2019
First Preview: May 8, 2019
Opening: May 9, 2019
Closing: July 28, 2019
Callbacks will be held on June 12 & 13, 2018
If you are not able to make the audition time on June 8 feel free to submit the two songs listed above that correlate with the character you’d like to be considered for, please send the link to your audition (video attachments will NOT be accepted) along with your headshot and resume to email@example.com
The roles of Dyanne & Sam Phillips will not be auditioned on June 8.
Contact Jessica Spencer, Casting Director