The end of August is usually a time where college seems to be on everyone’s mind. Whether it’s incoming freshmen getting ready to move into their residence halls or high school seniors preparing their applications, college is a constant discussion.
For theatre students, where you attend can certainly have an impact on your career with the type of training you receive. It’s also important to note that while each school listed here is excellent, a college degree doesn’t guarantee success nor is one required to become successful in this industry.
Here at OnStage, we take months to research the best BFA programs to come up with our own lists. We base it off tuition, curriculum, faculty, career support, basically, everything you yourself would consider before making a college choice. We even have gone as far to call admission offices to ask them questions.
The Top 10 BFA Theatre Design & Tech Programs in the Country for 2017-18
10. SUNY Purchase College (Purchase, NY)
9. University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT)
8. Emerson College (Boston, MA)
7. Savannah College of ARt & Design (Savannah, GA)
6. Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
5. Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
4. University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
3. California Institute of the Arts (Valencia, CA)
2. University of North Carolina School of the Arts (Winston-Salem, NC)
1. Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA)