The end of August is usually a time where college seems to be on everyone’s mind. Whether it’s incoming freshmen getting ready to move into their residence halls or high school seniors preparing their applications, college is a constant discussion.
For theatre students, where you attend can certainly have an impact on your career with the type of training you receive. It’s also important to note that while each school listed here is excellent, a college degree doesn’t guarantee success nor is one required to become successful in this industry.
Here at OnStage, we take months to research the best BFA programs to come up with our own lists. We base it off cost vs. scholarships, curriculum, performance opportunities, facilities, experience of faculty, career support, everything you yourself would consider before making a college choice. We even have gone as far to call admission offices to ask them questions.
Once we collect all of the data, it’s loaded into a matrix scoring system which determines where schools are ranked. Trust us when we say that some of the results even surprised us.
We’re going to do separate lists for each type of degree field. Let’s start today with BFA in Dance.
The Top 10 BFA Dance Programs in the Country for 2017-18
10. University of Arizona (Tuscon, AZ)
9. Butler University (Indianapolis, IN)
8. Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA)
7. The Ailey School (New York, NY)
6. The University of the Arts (Philadelphia, PA)
5. Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)
4. NYU-Tisch School of the Arts (New York, NY)
3. Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX)
2. The Julliard School (New York, NY)
1. Oklahoma City University (Oklahoma City, OK)