WHAT: TPS Unified General Auditions
WHEN: February 25 – 28, 2019
WHERE: Center Theatre – Seattle, WA
REGISTRATION: NOW OPEN!
Theatre Puget Sound’s annual Unified General Auditions (UGA) are the biggest and best way around for union and non-union actors to be seen by top theatres, film directors, media and talent agents, and independent producers from Seattle and areas around the Pacific Northwest. Each year the General Auditions hosts 350-400 Auditioners and 45-55 Auditors from around the Puget Sound area.
Non-union actors get 2 minutes to audition, while AEA/EMC actors get 3 minutes. You can do any number of monologues/songs within your allotted time.
The Unified General Auditions is a showcase of the region’s premiere talent. While experienced actors receive priority, well-prepared actors with various degrees of experience are welcome to apply.
Application Process & Requirements:
In order to audition at the 2019 Unified General Auditions, the following requirements must be met:
- Must be a 2019 Theatre Puget Sound Individual Member (Not a member? Click here to join!) or PATA (Portland Area Theatre Alliance) Membership
- Meet one of the experience requirements (listed below)
- Fill out the online actor application
Once approved to audition, actors must:
- Schedule audition time online and upload print-ready headshot and resume
- Pay the $15 printing fee
Actors must meet at least one of these requirements or they will be placed on the waitlist:
- Active member of Actor’s Equity Association
- Equity Membership Candidate (EMC)
- college acting degree
- 4 or more acting credits – fully staged, cannot be academic or self-produced
The Unified General Auditions are not intended for beginning actors; often it’s not beneficial for actors until they have reached the eligibility requirements listed above. If you would still like to apply, you can be put on the waitlist.
Based on auditor feedback, waitlist priority is given to those who:
- Identify as a person of color; or
- are of an under-represented age group.
All others on the waitlist will be prioritized based on number of eligible credits & other experience (classes, workshops, etc.) and date application was received.
Once approved you will be able to pick your audition time frame within a half-hour. Depending on your status, only certain time slots will be available to you.
- AEA/EMC, non-singing: Monday February 25th 10am-1pm, limited timeslots available 2pm-5pm
- AEA/EMC, singing: Monday February 25th 2pm-5pm
If AEA/EMC actor is completely unavailable on Monday, TPS will make accommodations for a different day if spots are available.
- Non-Union, non-singing: Tuesday February 26 , 1pm-4pm; Weds 2/27 & Thurs 2/28 10am-1pm, limited timeslots available 2/26 5pm-8pm, 2/27 & 2/28 2pm-5pm
- Non-Union, singing: Tues 5pm-8pm, Weds 2pm-5pm, Thurs 2pm-3:30pm
- YOUTH (Under 18): Thursday February 28, 3:30pm-5pm
HEADSHOTS AND RESUMES
Once scheduled, upload a print-ready headshot and resume February 16 and pay the $15 fee. TPS staff will take it from there, ensuring all auditors receive your information in their actor packets. Details on this process will be sent through email.