It’s not too late to register for the Best Practices: Inclusive and Accessible Theatre Symposium!
HOSTED BY: The American Alliance for Theatre & Education
WHEN: February 2 – 4, 2018
WHERE: The Kentucky Center, 501 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202
Join theatre educators, artists and scholars from near and far for this exciting gathering in downtown Louisville, KY. Hosted by the Kentucky Center for the Arts, one of the nation’s most accessible performing arts complexes, this weekend intensive will offer keynote speakers, hands-on workshops, and a sensory-friendly performance including a pre-show touch tour. Come explore one of the country’s most arts-rich communities, and leave with practical tools you can use at home: in your classroom, and your theatre!
- Keynote: Storyteller, Playwright, and Disability Advocate Kevin Kling!
- Field Trip to Lincoln Performing Arts Elementary School’s Arts Wing, Louisville’s Performing Arts Magnet Elementary School (K-5)
- Sensory-Friendly Performance of Hamlet (a StageOne and Kentucky Shakespeare co-production), and a pre-show sensory touch tour
- Tickets for Actors Theatre of Louisville Little Bunny Foo Foo available for Saturday night!
- Practical Breakout Sessions and Resource Roundtables!