Date/TimeDate(s) - 06/21/2018 - 06/23/2018
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Target OccupationsProduction, Playwright
WHAT: 2018 Literary Managers & Dramaturgs of the Americas Conference – “Crossing Borders”
WHEN: June 21 – 23, 2018
WHERE: The Lucie and Thornton Blackburn Conference Centre – Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION INFO
All full-conference registration fees are per person and include one banquet ticket.
LMDA Member Registration Link
– $150 (USD) Early Bird LMDA Early Career Member ($200 after April 30)
– $300 (USD) Early Bird LMDA Individual/Institutional Member ($350 after April 30)
LMDA Non-Member Registration Link
– $430 (USD) Non-Member
DAY RATE REGISTRATION FEES – $150/day (does not include banquet ticket)
CONFERENCE HOURS + SCHEDULE (Subject to change):
Day 1 – Thursday, June 21st, 10am-6:00pm
Day 2 – Friday, June 22nd, 10am-5:00pm, followed by an LMDA Canada Reception
Day 3 – Saturday, June 23rd, 10am-5:30pm, followed by the LMDA Conference Banquet
- The Dramaturg as Catalyst for Organizational Change (Jenna Rodgers)
- Playwrights Under the Radar (Michael Evans)
- Aiming the Canon at Hoy (Ben Gunter & Theater with a Mission)
- “Literary Management” vs. “Literary Access”: Rethinking Gatekeeping (Ilana Brownstein)
- Dramaturgy in the Stacks: Dramaturgs, Libraries & Research (Haviva Avirom)
- Bridging the Intercultural Divide in New Work Dramaturgy Relationships (Elise LaCroix)
- Theater under Settler-Colonialism: A Phenomenology of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s Off the rails (Waylon Lenk)
- Beyond the Nobel Prize and the Invention of the Americas: Walls and Bridges in Mexican Dramaturgy (Emilio Mendez)
- Crossing Borders: From the Academy into the Profession (Judith Rudakoff)
- and many more!
Events (subject to change):
- First Story Toronto Bus Tour: This 3-hour tour of pre-contact and historical landmarks illustrating the Indigenous presence in Toronto. Join us and discover the cultural geography/indigenous history of this land.
- LMDA Canada Cocktail Hour at The Globe & Mail Centre
*Toronto is a busy city in June and hotels fill up fast. Please plan accordingly and book your travel and lodging ASAP.
Conference Hotel: We’ve booked a block of rooms at the Bond Place Hotel – located at 65 Dundas East – at the rate of $229 CAD per night. It’s about 2.4km or 1.5 miles from the conference venue – 20 minutes by streetcar or 10 minutes by car (Lyft and Uber are both available in Toronto).
LMDA attendees must book by May 21st to receive the discounted conference rate.
Please book your room through this link.
George Brown Student Residence: You’ll have the option to book a room at the George Brown College residence – located right on the site of the conference venue. The suites are double occupancy (two private bedrooms that share a small common kitchenette and bathroom) and the rate will be $129 CAD/night and the suites can be shared by up to 4 people ($10.00 CAD per head if added to the suite for triple or quad occupancy).
LMDA attendees must book by May 18th to receive the discounted conference rate.
Please email or call our George Brown contact, Linda Chanthaboury to reserve. Linda can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 761-8175. Don’t forget to mention that you are with LMDA!
If you are looking for a suitemate — reach out to our membership on the Listserv!