All Technical Interviews will take place on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Technicians will sign up Saturday morning for interview slots with producers. Producers will determine the length of each interview.
WHAT TO BRING
- A portfolio of your work
- Extra copies of your resume. Some producers who are looking to hire technicians will collect resumes for phone interviews at a later date.
While at the event, technical applicants are invited to video-record a 10-minute portfolio presentation which will be made available to registered producers who are unable to conduct interviews on Saturday. Portfolio presentations will be video recorded by OTA staffers, and will be guided by a professional technical director.
Technicians should prepare to:
- orally review their portfolio contents
- explain their interests, strengths, and professional goals in technical theatre
- discuss their experience with tools, techniques, and relevant computer programs
- practical experience in technical theatre
Additionally, technicians should be prepared to answer standard interview questions, such as:
- “Why should I hire you?”
- “What are your professional goals?”
- “How do you deal with deadlines, pressure, and stress?”
- “Tell me about a time when you faced a technical challenge and found a solution.”
- “What has been your proudest moment in theatre?”
Video portfolios will be unlisted on You-Tube, available only when the link is shared. At the request of the technician, we will make videos public or private. Technical applicants are not required to record a video portfolio.